lundi 14 juin 2010

Vancouver Shopping: Spool of Thread

On June 5th I went to the grand opening of Spool of Thread. It's a new fabric store/sewing lounge here in Vancouver.


The front part of the store offers a nice selection of quilting cottons, but what attracted me in the first place was that they sell Colette patterns ! They also have Amy Buttler patterns and their goal is to sell independant designer patterns, maybe even local designers eventually.




At the back, they have a very nice and bright space for sewing, complete with cutting table, 6 sewing tables with machines, a couple ironing boards and adjustable dress forms.



They offer classes, such as "Sewing Machine 101", for those who've never used a machine before, or "Vintage Inspired Blouse", etc... but you can also "drop in and sew", which means just come with your current sewing project and you can rent a table by the hour, with or whitout the machine. It's definitely a great concept, especially if you're sick of sewing at home by yourself and want to socialize a bit while working on your craft. I am sure it will be quite succesful amongst local sewers and cafters...

I wanted to purchase the Macaron pattern when I first went to the opening, but I'd forgotten my wallet. So I went back last Friday and took the opportunity to take some pictures (Thanks Lili for letting me snap away!)


1 commentaire:

  1. So cool! I heard about Spool of Thread, but haven't been inside yet to visit. Thanks for sharing your photos!

    RépondreSupprimer