jeudi 19 août 2010

Burda Magazine August 2010 (Late) Review

The newspaper shop where I buy Burda magazine usually gets it way later than the actual coming out date. Sometimes the preview for the next month is already out before I've even had a chance to get my hands on the previous month copy.

I try not to look at previews too much, as I like the whole process of going to the store, flipping through the pages and, if I decide to buy it, reading while I walk back home or to the bus....
But anyway, I finally bought the August issue yesterday and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

Well, I agree with some of the other sewers/bloggers out there when they say there's not much originality in this issue. Every piece is pretty simple, nothing really new or exciting. I almost didn't bother buying it, but I did find a couple pieces that I liked enough, even though they would get put way back at the end on my endless list of things I wanna sew...

For example, this jacket:



I really like the overall shape and the collar, and also the fact that the sleeves seem very long, which is a good thing for me and my "unusually long" arms (I measured them a while back. from shoulder to wrist, and found that they were 4 cm longer than the Burda measurements in my size !)

Actually, the whole "collection" does speak to me. It is very casual and a mix of denim and masculine pieces, but I totally relate to that style, which is what on a daily basis I feel most comfortable in (though I usually try to include something more feminine...)



This blouse is pretty basic but it's the kind of piece I have been wanting to add to my wardrobe.



Skirt 127 intrigues me. I kinda like the shape and would be curious to see what that length looks like worn "in real life"


The rest of the magazine doesn't particularly appeal to me.
I find the "Jackie O" collection a bit too basic and "older" looking, not my style at all anyway.
And BTW, is it just me or does the model look a bit ... undead (as in Vampire) ? Pale skin, dark lips, dark-ish circles around the eyes...



And how about that scary look in the miror ?



Maybe I've just been watching too much True Blood...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire