I'm really happy with how it turned out! I only made a few adjustment tweaks on the final garment - because I had done the muslin in a woven garment, there was a bit more ease to the pattern than requirered with knit fabric, so I just took in here and there and voila!
I have to say, once again it was nice to be working out the fit on somebody else than myself - no weird contorsion required in front of my bathroom mirror.
My coworker told me the outfit was a big hit at the party she attended down in Palm Springs - as she was getting out of the car, people turned around wondering if she was some sort of celebrity and she got lots of compliment for it.
The final fabric used is a bamboo/lycra blend found at Dressew. It's super soft and drapey, extra stretchy and sufficiently opaque (a lot of white knit fabric tend to be see-through) but surprisingly heavy. I added stay tape to the entire neckline as I was affraid the weight of the cowl might end up stretching it down.
I'm planning a post with a bit more details about the pattern and adjusments I made to get from three different patterns to one frankenjumpsuit.