my ugly shirt and Judy's shirt), and b) This was going to be a spring item and I felt no rush to finish it just before winter started.
I'm usually pretty good at working on one project at once and finishing what I started, but this time around I made an exception (and it seems as I'm repeating this with my fur vest, bound to wait until fall for final touches).
This pattern is the same as my perfected Ugly Shirt (Burda 114 from April 2010), with some new alterations:
- I transfered some volume from the bust dart to the front yoke to create gathers.
- I added 2 inches of width to the back, also to create gathers at the yoke.
- The sleeve vents and hidden button plaquette are from BOWF 106A from August 2008
- I omitted the collar and only used the collar stand.
- I added self-drafted pockets with flaps.
This shirt is exactly what I wanted it to be: loose, comfortable, easy to wear, an Equipment shirt for a faction of the price.
I'm really happy with the fit of this pattern and I can see doing a lot more alterations of it in the future, when the right fabric comes along.
|and now for a little summer look, with my cut-out jeans and some pretty ballerina flats.|