samedi 17 novembre 2012

Knitting: Unravelling

I started this cowl a while ago, and I kind of knew from the start that it wound't be what I was hoping for. But I finished it, cast off and all, and that just confirmed my doubts....


The pattern is Array, a free Shibui pattern. I love the two-color mix and when I first found this Rowan yarn for 70% off at a closing sale I thought it would be perfect ...Well, not so much...

I really like the color combination of light grey and teal, but a) I used bulky yarn for the main color when the pattern calls for worsted and b) I used bulky yarn for the second color when the pattern calls for...fingering weight...Obviously those were my mistakes and the result is a very thick, very stiff "neck brace" of a cowl, with no drape at all and bordering on itchy...

Sooo, no regrets, I'm taking this all appart. I'd rather use this pretty yarn for another project that I'll love rather than waste it on something I'll never wear... But lesson learned...It's best to go with the suggested yarn weight...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire