vendredi 16 mars 2012

Fabric impulse: My first online purchase

This morning as I was going through my sewing blog roll at breakfast, I read today's Selfish Seamstress post. I fell in love right away with the fabric she had just found on ebay and then did something I'd never done before: I purchased 3 yards of it online.



I really like the black backdrop and all the splashes of colour. And the fact that they are birds is even better.



This will make such a fun and easy dress for summer. I'm not sure yet what shape I will be making (I don't necessarily want to copy Marc Jacob's 2010 resort dress), it will depend one how the fabric looks in real life (how sheer, how light and drapey), but I'm totally excited, now I can't wait for it to arrive.



Maybe I'll even be able to squeeze a cute tank top like this one in addition to a dress, we'll see...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire