dimanche 12 septembre 2010

Finished Project: New Job Dress

My initial idea was to take the "official" pictures on the street, in a more urban set-up. But it was way too cold - and most of all too rainy - for that today...so we improvised.



I'm really happy with how this dress turned out. I think It fits quite well, and it's very comfortable to wear.

I did take about 1/2 inch on each side. After making the muslin I actually cut it off from the pattern, before tracing it on the fabric, and the fit was good right away.



The only issue I addressed at the end was the wrinkling from my somewhat swayback, which I solved by raising the back skirt panel at the middle of the waistband. Oh and I used my machine's blindhem stitch and the result is not bad at all.



My fabric choice I think was the key to this successful sew. It was incredibly easy to work with, and it falls very smoothly. I'm actually quite proud of myself with this one (in case you hadn't noticed), which had been on my list for a good while.



My only disappointment is that I probably won't get to wear it much until next spring, as fall weather has officially struck Vancouver. I could easily wear this dress with a cardi and boots, but it's more the rain I'm worried about...oh well, it'll be ready for Me-Made-May 2011 edition!



In the meantime....I already have a list of fall garments I'm ready to tackle...after a trip to Fabricana to get the necessary material...hopefully soon !

6 commentaires:

  1. I love your version of this dress. It looks great on you and your choice of fabrics makes it much more modern looking than the magazine version.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your dress looks amazing!

    and really love your choice of fabric, really creative. can't wait to make find something similar!

    btw, thanks for your visit at my blog!im afriad the overalls will be too short on u! =(

    -emceecouture

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm in love with this dress, you pick the good fabric, and the matching with the black fabric is very nice! You did a great job !!
    Thanks for all your explanations in your last post, I'll use them when I make this dress :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. love this dress! love the black accent to it as well! xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. looks fantastic. I've wanted to make this style forever but not got around to it. Now I'm inspired!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. This is so gorgeous, and the fit looks perfect!!

    RépondreSupprimer