I made a slight alteration to the pattern by redrafting the neckline to be a bit rounder and wider (though looking at the burda photo, the difference isn't really obvisous).
For the lining, I used a piece of fabric that I got at Fabricana. It's was also a roll remnant but I got a larger piece of the same fabric from a new roll with the intention to make a dress.
Using it for lining was a good way to get an idea of how to handle it. I'm not so sure that I want to use the bigger piece for the dress anymore. It's polyester, and it's got major static. It also frays BIG TIME, so much so that I zigzag-stitched all the edges, even though it's on the inside of the lining and won't show, by fear that it would fray up to the seams and the whole thing would eventually fall apart...
The overall construction was pretty straight-forward and din't present any difficulty.
The only tricky part was attaching the lining to the outside. While keeping the center seam of the lining partly open, you're supposed to sew both layers, right sides together, around all the edges and then turn the vest back to the right side by reaching through the lining opening. Sewing the shoulder seams for both the outside and the lining, requires a bit of attention if you don't want to sew the wrong parts together.
I also decided at the last minute that I wanted to do bound button-holes. I followed Gertie's very clear tutorial. The process is very similar (if not identical) to making welt pockets except much smaller. I used scraps of black polyester lining instead of the organza. To figure out the positionning, I cut little pieces of paper of the size of the button-hole and placed them on the vest lying flat, then I pinned them on and put the vest on to check the position on the worn garment. Then I hand-basted around the paper with contrasting thread so that the positioning would be visible on the wrong side.